10 Visit Places: Pachmarhi Darshan -Post 23

Pachmarhi Tourism
Image credit Siddhanth R Menon

You are welcome at Pachmarhi. I am Pachmarhi. Some called me the queen of Satpura. While others called me Kashmir of Madhya Pradesh. I know I am only Pachmarhi.



Information about Pachmarhi


The question is why Pachmarhi is famous. Let me introduced you. I am a small hill station at Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh. People confused about whether Pachmarhi is a hill station. Yes, I am.  So don't ask your question to anybody that is Pachmarhi a hill station.

Why the name Pachmarhi

Pachmarhi tourism
Image credit Twinkle Bhaisare

I have not forgotten anything. Not only myself but also everybody does not forget anything. The ups and downs in life. Struggle in life. Dispute with someone.The trauma words of loved ones.Any way.

I remembered that Pandavas came here during the thirteen-year exile period. All of us know well the story of Mahabharat. Pandavas were exiled from Hastinapur for thirteen years. They lived here in five Madi. Pach means five and Madi means hut. so my name became Pachmarhi.


Who discover me(Pachmarhi)


During passing the time I lost from the eye of the public. The dense forest covered me all around. Some locals lived here and I was under Gond King Bhawut Sing. I was a small village. A British general name Captain James Forsyth and his assistance Nathuramji came here during British ruling in India. He likes me. Hills falls and natural beauty attracted him. Soon I would become popular as a hill station. British developed me as a training and health center for soldiers.

There are many beautiful points in my Anchal (lap). If you will see all my springs, greenery, beautiful hills and seductive waterfalls, I am sure you will never forget me.

Let's come with me

Dhupgarh

Pachmarhi tourism
Image credit Dhanireena

Dhupgarh is my peak point. You can see all around Satpura hill from here. No one state about Sunrise and sunset. The distance of Dhupgarh from the main town is only 10 kilometer.

Jatashankar

Jatashankar is 25 Km from town. As reflected in the name, Jata Shankar is a cave dedicated to Lord Shiva. You will see natural formed Shivling. Water always dripping on Shivling. The point where the water is coming is still unknown. Lord Shiva hide in this cave to escape from Bhasmasur.

Bhasmasur was a follower of Lord Shiva. He has done pray of Lord Shiva continuous for a long period. Lord Shiva was pleased with him and gave a boon that calx anyone by holding a hand on his head. He tried this on Lord Shiva. So Lord Shiva run and hide in this cave.

Lord Vishnu fascinated him by adopting the Mohini form. Lord Vishnu asked him to kept hand on head. Now the problem has been solved.

Bee Fall


Pachmarhi tourism
Image credit BS S Krishna S



You will find so many waterfalls here. Bee fall is famous for all of them. The water comes down from 250 feet. It makes a sound like a honey bee. So it is called bee fall. You can take a bath in the fall. Summer is the best time for a bath. In another season the water is very cold. As cold as ice water. Young always go across the fall and take their enjoy. Nowadays bee fall emerged as a picnic spot. Bee fall also is known as Yamuna fall.

Pandava Caves

Pachmarhi Tourism
Image credit Ankit Saha


As I stated above Pandava came here and lived in these caves. The caves are a good example of the eco sound system. If you sang a song or touch an instrument it resonant for a long period. You can enter these caves by stairs.

Choragarh

Pachmarhi tourism
Image credit Shruti 57

If you want to see my full view, the spectacular view comes at Choragarh. There are more than 1100 stars.

Our Ved says that Charaveti...Charaveti....moved on..moved on.

Beholding me in the evening light mist is an unknown experience. The Choragarh is famous for Lord Shiva temple. The devote offered Tirshul to lord Shiva. The Tirshuls seems in front are offered by the devotees. One more thing I want to tell you that come here along with water and energy food/drink. It will help in climbing stairs. There is no proper light arrangement so don't stay till late at night.


Apsara Vihar Fairy Pool

Pachmarhi tourism
Image credit Lumde nirbhay

Apsara Vihar is my safest waterfall. You will find full fun and adventure here. At the waterfall, water collected in a small pond. Bath in the pond under the waterfall is amazing.

I remembered the old days when British ladies used this pond for bathing. They come here and wondering here and there. Due to the whites color of these ladies, people called the place Apsara Vihar(nymph).



Rajat Parpat


Near the Apsara Vihar, another waterfall is Rajat Parpat. The water coming down looks like Rajat, Chandi, silver. So the fall famous as Rajat Parpat.

Bade Mahadev

Now I would show you the cave of Bade Mahadev. The idol of Lord Brahma, Vishnu, Shankar, and Ganesh are established here. As I stated that Bhasmasur chased Lord Shankar. This is the place where Lord Vishnu came in the form of Mohini and killed Bhasmasur.



Rajendra Giri Sunset Point


The first President of India Dr Rajendra Prasad came here a number of times. My top hill gave the names as Rajendra Giri Sunset point, on the name of Dr. Prasad.

The eye-pleaser place. Both sunrise and sunset are worth watching. You can touch the cloud and mist with your hands. A nice place to spend an evening with your near and dear, and yes don't forget selfie. If you are a good driver you can come here with your vehicle otherwise take a vehicle that is already available and authorized by the local authority.

Handi khoh

Pachmarhi tourism
Image credit Dinesh Valke

Where the Rajendra Giri is a higher point, Handi Koh is the deepest point. You can ask me why I am like this. The answer is that I am a complete hill station. Your life is also like these ups and downs. This is the beauty of life.

Handi Khoh is a 300 ft deep Khoh/gorge. One secret thing that I knew is that a British officer named Handi made suicide from jumping into the gorge. So the place became famous as Handi Khoh. But don't go to the dark side. The whole hill enshrouds the green bed sheet at this canyon. The neutral beauty is at full bloom. Be careful don't peep downside and if children are with you so be more cautious.

Satpura National Park

If you are interested in wildlife, Chinkara Nilgai, bison, black-buck, flying squirrel, tiger, and leopard than Satpura National Park is at my adjacent. The distance is only 100 Km. The national park is speared in 524 km. If you have one day, get a taxi and reach there. You will be a witness to the natural beauty of Satpura along with wildlife.



How to reach Pachmarhi


Pachmarhi tourism
Image credit Ankit Saha



Pipariya is the railway station for Pachmarhi. It is at Itarsi Jabalpur railway line. Buses taxi is available here for Pachmarhi. The distance is only 54 km.

The distance from Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh is 206 km. Itarsi which is a famous railway station at Delhi Mumbai central railway is only 122 km. Taxi and buses from Bhopal,  Indore, Nagpur, and Itarsi are available.

The better period for coming to me is Oct to May. Oct and November are the best months to visit. All over is green. Many small springs roll in the period.

As I stated men never forget anything. But I am sure you will forget everything when you come to me. I am, queen of Satpura waiting for you.

I will appreciate you if you will share the post among your friend. Your suggestion in the comment box below is valuable for me. Please also see my post-Jagannath Puri Temple.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gwalior

The Divine City:Mahakal Ujjain